Map Delivery Practice
September 6, 2011 § Leave a comment
A map was created from two historic maps ‘1880 Dove Block’ and ‘1887 Detail series’, both depicting the parish bounded by Liverpool St, Coulburn St, Piit St and George St. The maps were aligned by georeferencing. Slight Transparency on the Dove Block reveals structural between the two maps.
A KMZ file was then generated from the WHL map from week 1 and reopened in google earth.
The above two activities were combined to form a historic representation of the parish on (Google) Earth’s surface.